|Head of the department –Anvar Sadykov, Board certified in cardiac surgery, member of Association of cardiovascular surgeons of Russia.|
- coronary heart disease
- complications after myocardial infarction (left ventricular aneurysm, acute ischemic mitral regurgitation, interventricular septal rupture)
- combined heart pathology (coronary heart disease + cardiac valvular pathology)
- coronary artery bypass grafting with cardiopulmonary bypass
- off-pump coronary artery bypass
- hybrid surgical procedures: coronary artery bypass grafting + carotid artery plasty)
- concurrent coronary artery bypass and valve plasty procedures
- surgical management of myocardial infarction complications (left ventricular aneurysmoplasty, interventricular septal rupture plasty)
History of the department.
In 2006, largely full staff of the center moved to ICDC from the 6th city hospital. Two Cardiac Surgery Departments were organized, having 42 beds in each.
In 1962 on the initiative of N. Medvedev 12 beds for patients with heart and vascular diseases were allocated in the surgical department of the 6th city hospital. In 1970 a specialized cardiac surgery department with 30 beds was organized. Operations for patent ductus arteriosus, atrial septal defect, ventricular septal defect, partial anomalous pulmonary venous connection, pulmonary artery stenosis, trilogy of Fallot, coarctation of the aorta, palliative surgery for Tetralogy of Fallot were performed there. In 1992, the Department was transformed into Kazan Center of Cardiovascular Surgery with 75 beds, since 1995 having been named after Professor N. Medvedev. Department of congenital heart diseases (25 beds), department of acquired heart diseases, coronary heart disease, heart rhythm disorder and diseases of great vessels (50 beds), cardiac catheterization laboratory, artificial circulation laboratory were organized. The definitive remodeling of Fallot’s tetralogy, heart valves replacement, removing the heart myxomas, etc have become ordinary interventions in N.Medvedev’s Kazan Center of Cardiovascular Surgery by the end of the 20th century. In 1993, coronary artery bypass grafting operation was performed in Kazan for the first time. Since 1996, on-pump and off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting procedures in coronary heart disease were routinely implemented.
Number of cases and patient categories:
3486 procedures were performed within 12 years:
· Conventional coronary artery bypass – 2491
· Off-pump coronary artery bypass – 518
· Combined pathology surgery – 221
· Acute myocardial infarction complications surgery – 216
Exclusive facilities of the department:
· Hybrid technologies elements;
· TAR and No-Touch-Aorta techniques;
· endoscopic autograft harvesting;
· Sternum metal osteosynthesis with bows TiNi with memory effect;
· Normothermia during cardiopulmonary bypass and external cooling of myocard is not used;
· Centrifugal pump;
· Artificial circulatory support techniques - intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO);
· Blood saving techniques – Cell Saver;
· Online monitoring of the circulation parameters (acid-base balance, electrolytes, gases);
· Vacuum method for the treatment of deep wound infection
Staff of the department:
· Anvar Sadykov – cardiac surgeon, head of the department;
· Rustem Sadekov – cardiac surgeon;
· Farid Abzalov – perfusionist;
· Roman Bugrov;
· Albert Khafizov;
· Nail Gilfanov;
· Irakli Abshilava;
· Rushaniya Khakimova;
· Alsu Gubaydullina;
· Sergey Rybakov;
· Guzel Ageyeva;
· Alsu Ganeyeva – perfusionist, MD, PhD (on maternity leave);
· Dilyara Sattarova (on maternity leave)
Awards and certificates
· Anvar Sadykov – Honoured Doctor of the Republic of Tatarstan;
· Rustem Sadekov – Certificates from the Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Tatarstan and the Cabinet of Ministers;
· Rushaniya Khakimova - Certificate from the Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Tatarstan
Research work in the department
· Implementing intraoperative epicardial mapping of coronary arteries for the optimal location of the distal anastomoses;
· Implementing intraoperative ultrasound of ascending aorta for safe location of proximal anastomosis;
· Broadening the variety of hybrid procedures in collaboration with interventional surgery department;
· Optimizing the management of the patients with left ventricular aneurism and cardiomyopathy (EF<30%).
· Increasing the percentage of off-pump surgical procedures with increasing revascularization rate;
· Increasing the autoarterial revascularization and DTA technique rates in patients of all ages;
· Minimizing injuries and reducing risks in patients with low ejection fraction;
· Studying the competitive blood flow impact on long-term results of bypass patency.
International partners of the department
· Russian Cardiology Research and Production Complex;
· Bakoulev Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery;
· Bad Oeynhausen Zentrum, Germany;
· Nurnberg Herz Zentrum, Germany;
· K.U. Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany;
· K.U. Leuven, Лёвен, Belguim
· Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery, Astrakhan;
· Regional Clinical Hospital № 1. named after prof. S. Ochapovsky, Krasnodar
· Center for Cardiovascular Surgery, Penza;
· Medical Research Institute of Transplantation and Artificial Organs, Moscow;
· Hospital Na Homolke, Prague, Czech Republic
In 2006, R. Akchurin and S.Dzemeshkevich master-classes were held in the department.
In 2008, coronary bypass grafting with LV aneurism took place under the guidance of Dr. Carroll (Switzerland).
In 2009, master-class for endoscopic vein harvesting under the guidance Y.Kareva (Novosibirsk).
In 2009, minimally invasive endoscopic methods of autografts harvesting were implemented, the staff of the department being trained.