|Professor Igor Ignatyev -Head of the department, MD, D.Sc, head of cardiovascular surgery course in Kazan medical university, Honoured education and science worker of the Russian Federation, the member of Russian, American, European societies of vascular surgeons, the member of International Union of Phlebology.|
- thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- brachiocephalic atherosclerosis
- renal artery atherosclerosis
- atherosclerosis of aorta, Leriche's syndrome
- atherosclerosis of lower limb arteries
- varicose veins of the lower extremities
- post-thrombotic disease
- replacement of aorta
- aorta endoprosthesis replacement
- carotid endarterectomy
- carotid-subclavian bypass
- reconstructive surgery on the first segment of the vertebral artery
- brachiocephalic artery stenting
- bypass surgeries and renal artery stenting
- aortobifemoral bypass
- extra-anatomical bypass grafting
- iliac arteries stenting
- bypass surgeries
- revascularising osteoperfortaion
- endoscopic dissection of perforating veins
- radiowave obliteration of the saphenous veins
- reconstructive bypass surgery on saphenous veins
History of the department
The vascular surgery department was formally opened in August, 2006. However, the consultations had been provided in the outpatient department of ICDC since 1999. Professor Igor Ignatyev, MD, D.Sc, has been the head of the department since that time. Since 2000 and until the department was opened, the vascular surgery operations were performed together with doctor Roman Bredikhin on the basis of Kazan medical university clinics.
Number of cases and patient categories:
More than 1500 patients receive medical care every year in the department. About 1300 operations are performed, about 550 of them are high-tech ones.
Exclusive facilities of the department:
· thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm endoprosthesis repair
· laparoscopic surgeries on the abdominal aorta
· ballon angioplasty
· great veins occlusive lesions stenting
· using ultrasound-guided laser technologies and scleroobliteration in the vein pathology
· Vena Cava Filters
· Phlebology cabinet - the whole complex of diagnosis and treatment of veins and lymph vessels diseases, the performing all the modern types of sclerotherapy in varicose veins.
Staff of the department
· Professor Igor Ignatyev – head of the department, Doctor of Medical science, head of cardiovascular surgery course in Kazan medical university, Honoured education and science worker of the Russian Federation, the member of Russian, American, European societies of vascular surgeons, the member of International Union of Phlebology, International Union of angiology, Board Member of the Russian Society of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, editorial board member of Angiology and Vascular Surgery and Phlebology journals;
· Roman Bredikhin – cardiovascular surgeon, MD, D.Sc;
· Rustem Akhmetzyanov – cardiovascular surgeon, MD, PhD;
· Nikolay Krepkogorsky - cardiovascular surgeon, MD, PhD;
· Farid Akchurin - cardiovascular surgeon;
· Damir Salimov - cardiovascular surgeon;
· Niyaz Shakirov - cardiovascular surgeon;
· Azat Gaptravanov - cardiovascular surgeon;
· Aleksey Zanochkin - cardiovascular surgeon;
· Dmitry Malyzsev - cardiovascular surgeon;
· Marat Nigmatillun - cardiovascular surgeon.
Awards and certificates
· 2011 – doctors team led by the head of the department were recognized award winners in 100 best goods of Russia contest for the technique of common femoral vein multileaf valve development;
· 2012 – the staff of the department was awarded Honorary certificate for the best invention in medicine and biology area;
· all the doctors of the department are certified in cardiovascular surgery
Research work in the department
· 90 research papers were published;
· 2 monographs, 11 study guides were issued;
· 3 invention patents were obtained.
International partners of the department
Doctors of the department undergo training courses annually in the largest medical centers of Germany, France, USA.
Пресса об отделении:
Практика центра в области венозной хирургии идет в унисон с мировыми тенденциями // Научно-популярный журнал «Вестник» - 15 июля 2014 года.
XVII Всемирный конгресс Международного союза флебологов // Научно-популярный журнал «Вестник» - 24 сентября 2013 года.